My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, August 3, 2015

More Profound Thoughts :)

In HAMS there is emphasis on making any positive change! Every positive change, no matter how small, is celebrated!

In my journey to drink according to my own desired optimum plan---which does genuflect in the present moment---I am now taking a moment to reflect on important positive changes I have made because I feel it's Very Important to acknowledge your own accomplishments and celebrate yourself.

Remember, Love is the Master Healer.

The BIGGEST most important change I have made is that I No Longer Drive When I'm Under The Influence!!!

Hallelujah!  

<taking a bow!>

The second change I have made in a short period of time is No More Drunk Dialing!

<taking another bow!>


These and other reasons are why I'm not disappointed in myself for drinking today. I will keep you posted (meaning, I will keep telling myself the truth), but I have a feeling it will be easy to drink less than I bought today (a 1/2 pint of white tequila). (BTW, I like white tequila because it may be the only booze that doesn't convert to sugar in the body?)


I'm also drinking today because It's IMPORTANT To Me To Fully Learn To Love Myself As A Drinker, and I don't know any better way of doing that than to practice my Self Love Self Talk WHILE I'm drinking, and AFTER; during the night and first thing in the morning.