My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Only Way To Do Is To Do It. The Only Way Through It Is Through It.

I'm proud of myself this morning and feeling confident, excited, and hopeful.

I think I believe in myself again!

And when I remember to think expectantly about sitting with my feelings while I follow my drinking plan, it's almost fun.

In other words it's like, "YAY!! I Get To Sit With All My Feelings!" "HURRAY!" :D

I'm not going to drink outside my plan this week -- that is, I'm certainly not intending to, so it's my pleasure and honor to sit with every single feeling as if they were children needing my loving attention.

And watching things like this doesn't hurt!: Matt and Teal Chat