My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It's Going Well

I'm very happy, proud, and excited about my progress.

I feel like a normal drinker and I want to cultivate that.

Today, I'm not interested in drinking. But I'm symptomatic within my chronic illness and am trying to focus on doing healing things for myself. ME/CFS is a very lonely, isolating disease. I bet you don't even know what that is; that's how lonely and isolating it is. I bet that if you have heard of it you don't even believe it's real; THATs how lonely and isolating it is.

I don't take meds and don't believe in them.
I'm not on disability, but I'm entitled to be. I'd feel like a leech if I was.

I do have good, healing medicine in my cannabis products. Cannabis is every bit as healing as food and supplements and water, maybe more so in some ways.

I can see myself turning more to cannabis than to alcohol; it just makes more sense for a health conscious person like myself.

Regarding LPP, (link in the right margin), I'm into Module 2 now; there are 8.
I answer all the questions and do the exercises and my coach gives me feedback.
It's absolutely the most important, best, probably most effective treatment for alcohol problems (or other addictions) out there.

There's already been a shift in me, my thinking, and my drinking just from their good intentions, energy, materials, and love.

I'm sorry I'm not happier today, it's just one of those days.