My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

OK, Good Decision

With the help of my bff, Jordan, my separated husband, I was reminded that I do have control over alcohol, despite how strong my cravings are.

With his coaching over the phone, I decided not to demonize myself for wanting to drink, first of all.
Then, I decided to employ a tactic suggested to me by my LPP coach, Shelly (link to the right), and eat some food as a method to drink moderately.

It's so brilliant I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!

I simply never eat when I'm drinking, that's why. I drink in lieu of eating, and eat only when I've had my fill of booze.

So, I just ate some organic chicken and non-GMO gluten-free pizza. Jordan will bring me a 1/2 pint of tequila when he comes over in a bit; employing another technique: delaying drinking.

I already feel better, much, much better, and happy, and proud, and excited to try this.

OK, back to watching the new season of Project Runway on my DVR...

Hopefully!: