My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Well, I Wanted It To Be Easy, And So Far I Got My Wish!

Well, after all, I deserve it to be easy for me to follow my drinking plan!



Don't we all? Certainly we do!
But I know fer sure I've paid my dues and dun earned it to be easy. :)

But, we shall see when the first mountain or hill arises and makes it challenging for me to switch back down to drinking only twice a week; which I haven't done since the second half of last year, or actually, probably the first third of this year.

Who's counting? I am. It's rather important. Not unlike counting calories I suppose. Not that I count calories; haven't played that game for years; I simply eat the way I want and need to now.

...occasionally overeating, like yesterday, when I was sick in my chornic illness.

WHICH may be what made it so easy not to want to drink, in part!

I haven't drank since Thursday, it's Sunday today. I've been used to drinking every-other day, and really craving that, so I'm very grateful, proud, and happy that it seems like it's going to be easy to make it to my goal of not drinking until tomorrow. After that, not until Saturday's full moon.

Really can't wait for that! I truly discovered how much fun it is for me to drink on the full moon.